Yes, I know some of the photos are sideways and upsidedown but WordPress is being lame with their photo editing functions today. Scroll down for bullet points!
- I thought I was hot shit until I took Mercy’s (Vagine Regime) off skate bootcamp.
- Las Vegas cockroaches come alive after getting stomped on.
- The level of skating in the US is awe-inspiring and humbling at the same time. The highest level skaters I know in Canada would be equal to MAYBE an intermediate skater in the high-ranking leagues of the US.
- There will always be another skater who is hard on you because you can’t keep up.
- But for the most part, everyone wants to see you succeed or improve.
- It’s just roller derby, friends. Don’t be so serious.
- Watching friends experience Vegas for the first time is really, really fun.
- Derby should always be played behind you.
- Roller derby is a game, skating is a skill. Mastering skating will take more time, effort and dedication than learning the rules of derby.
- Scavenger hunts are easy to win when you fill your team with ladies of a wide range of skills.
- Work on your skating fundamentals every time you strap on your skates. You can never do enough crossovers, toe stop runs, transitions and jumps.
- Do not change your game to beat the other team. Skate how you know as a team.
- Efficient skating is all about weight distribution in your feet & toes and where you position your knees.
- Skating on for real roller derby sport court is really, really cool.
- Know your edges and use them.
- It’s never to late/early for steak and eggs.
- If you weigh under 120 lbs, wheels reps will tell you to gain weight to get rid of wheel sliding issues.
- Loitering in a tattoo shop with your teammates until 3 a.m. is a fun way to spend a night in Vegas.
- When in doubt, shoot a handgun. Or an AK47.