Whenever I get a chance to talk about derby with the lovely Lethbridge locals, I always get asked, “Where do you play?” Then I always have to answer, “Well, we haven’t played a game locally yet, but some practices are open to the public, blah blah blah.”
Now, I can give them a date!
Lethbians! Mark your calendar! Saturday, October 23!
Details of the event are still being finalized, so stay tuned. But in the mean time, I would like to pay homage to my fellow blogger and cyber-friend The Active Stick with a list on why you should come.
- It’s going to be zombie themed. (Our team name is DEATHbridge. Kind of a no-brainer… mmmmm brains)
- There’s beer.
- You can bring your kids AND drink beer. (Please have a safe ride home)
- You can bring your grandma AND drink beer. (Have your grandma drive you home)
- Since it’s the week before Halloween, there’s a good chance the weather will be crap. So you may as well spend your Saturday night indoors watching girls bash the crap out of each other.
- You get to watch the Deathbridge Derby Dames play together as a team for the first time EVER! (We’re most excited about that)
- You can drink more beer at the after party.
- The likelihood of derby girls showing off bruises on their thighs at the after party is mid to high.
- You can become our biggest fan. (Then you can come watch us play in Medicine Hat on Nov. 27. More fans = more derby!)