No specific thoughts about this session except… awesome! Maude put us through our paces and I loved every minute!
Drills we ran…
- Weaving with shoulder check
- Weaving with hip check
- One knee stops, both knees
- One knee stops with 180 turn, both knees
- Plow Stops
- Toe Stops
- Double knee fall
- Superman slide fall
- Baseball slide fall, both sides
- Touching one knee to floor while in motion, both knees
- Squat position while coasting around 1/2 the track
- One foot glide while coasting around 1/2 the track, both feet
- 5 one minute speed trials
- Running on toe stops
- Duck walking
- Crossover walking
- Looking inside, outside and behind while skating in a pack
I think that’s everything.
Considering our practice space (small) I can still feel myself gaining confidence to push my speed a little bit more. I only hit the wall once (because I couldn’t corner fast enough) and tripped over my skates once during the speed trials (but fell correctly, yay!). I’m really anxious to practice speed and my maneuverability through the pack, but I’m guessing that’s going to have to wait until we all can demonstrate proper control without injuring each other.
We also gathered all the silent auction items at this meeting. There’s some pretty cool stuff up for grabs so I hope everyone remembers to squirrel away some of their drinking money for the auction. My friend Des donated a pair of Olympic mittens (thanks Desi!!!!!) and I donated 3, 8×10 framed bridge prints (shameless plug for me). But other items range from a Zombie photo session, to a skate bag, to homemade jams & wine as well as snowboard gear! Thanks to all our sponsors who graciously donated!!! The support in the community has been really great.
Things on the agenda for this week…
- Create video to show at the DDD Fundraiser on Saturday (do you have your tickets yet? Get them at Henotic or Blueprints)
- Change my skates back to outdoor wheels (Wishful thinking? Snow has been forecast for the week)
- START MY TAXES (ugh)
- Finish up some design projects
- Get ready for Auron’s birthday party (20 kids ugh)
- Finish marking for the semester!!!!!
- Continue keeping my ears open for a proper indoor venue to skate at
I see I have some subscribers! Thank you for keeping tabs on me! And thank you also to my cyberfriend The Active Stick for linking me on her blog. I hope you all don’t stay quiet for too long. I love comments; even if it’s to say I suck. Hahahaha
**Edited to add
Forgot to add that this practice was the first time I’ve ever worn a mouth guard. Weird and gross all at once.